Friday 15 January 2016

So it begins

Day 0

So, I am fully aware that I am one in the 567 people in Oxfordshire alone that are starting not only a new health a fitness regime but possibly a blog too. I am going to delude myself and continue thinking that I am slightly different in the fact that I started this change months ago but have only just got round to writing it all down. I have decided to do this now as I have taken the plunge with personal trainer, Nicholas Smith 

Vital stats/ the 411/ Who am I?

Name: Carol
Age: 28 (not over 60 as the name suggests)
Height: 5ft 2
Previous weight: 11.5 stone! I know! I started getting quite tubby in my teenage years after emigrating and losing my love for sport. I did every fad diet under the sun with varying degrees of success, inevitably gaining more weight than I had started with.
Then university and joining the working world came along and, with it, alcohol, easy cooking and being just a bit lazy and deluded.
At my heaviest, I was a size 16 and would cry and despair at the world when I went clothes shopping with my mum.





Current weight: 62.5kg (still the same height and, annoyingly, age)
Hurrah! Am now a comfortable size 10/12, depending on the shop, I definitely avoid Topshop.
It has taken me 2 years to get to my current weight and fitness level. It's been a journey and I am still a work in progress. The main catalyst for this was my parents telling me they were worried about me and then meeting a girl at work who dragged me to the gym at lunch. I hear that gasp, yes, at lunch! 




A few boxercise and circuits classes later and I found myself joining the ranks of crossfit. 
Put aside your thoughts of crossfit as I have much to say about this but the regular except use encouraged my food changes and getting fitter and stronger only made me want to do better.

However, I now find myself at a plateaue. I am leaner but I am still squidgy. I am getting stronger but could push myself further.

I have approx 7 weeks until an idyllic beach holiday with my new (and very hunky/fit/muscley. I am not bragging, just emphasising the current difference between our physiques) boyfriend and have decided this is MY year! This is the first holiday where I will confidently wear a bikini and will therefore spend my time embracing the activities and beach lounging instead of worrying about what I look like and any wobbly bits. *please note that I am a big fan of a wobbly bit and don't want to get rid of them completely, just wobble less*

The plan?
To stick to Nick's meal plan that has been designed around my calorie needs
Do the food prep! Weigh it all, it really makes a difference 
Cut out alcohol. After all, I hear cocktails on the beach taste better anyway
Continue to train and up the tempo
Can I do 300 kettle bell swings a day? I'm certainly going to try
Don't cheat! 

Wish me luck 

No comments:

Post a Comment